★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: How will you be remembered? As a greedy monopolistic tyrant, or as a more charitable breed of capitalist?

Explore a vast and untouched online world, shared with all other players, then exploit its natural resources for your own gain! Claim valuable tiles to create sources of income, and shape the world in whatever image you see fit.

Just remember that the more you claim for yourself, the harder you make life for other players!

---

My fair free-to-play promise: No pay-to-win, with only optional decorative features.

Finally, as a one man development team, please continue to be understanding with my server capacity. Thanks!
02-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks for starting the thread PeteOzzy!

Hi all. Developer here! Just embedding myself on this thread in case you have any questions about the game.

02-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Ironic that 'Capitalism Quest' is "launching for free, with no IAPs or ads" ;-)
02-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post

Lol, exactly my thoughts
I'll try it.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-11-2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Haha
02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Played this a bit last night & this morning, and it's fun.

Walk around, build stuff to produce resources, use those resources to build more stuff.

Only thing that seems to be missing is the ability to upgrade or raze structures so a long-term issue might be 'do I build as much as I can cheap to raise cash fast, or do I go slow and build advanced structures to begin with...

Haven't seen anyone else in game yet, once people start bumping into each other that could become interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Played this a bit last night & this morning, and it's fun.

Walk around, build stuff to produce resources, use those resources to build more stuff.

Only thing that seems to be missing is the ability to upgrade or raze structures so a long-term issue might be 'do I build as much as I can cheap to raise cash fast, or do I go slow and build advanced structures to begin with...

Haven't seen anyone else in game yet, once people start bumping into each other that could become interesting.
Just wait until you see the Mark&Dids empire
02-11-2015, 12:39 PM
One more thing I will add is that I should have wandered around a bit to find a screen with more mountains/hills on it before I settled. The screen I started on isn't so bad, but is sparse compared to some.

Also I wish I could do something in those desert spaces besides pave them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-11-2015, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
One more thing I will add is that I should have wandered around a bit to find a screen with more mountains/hills on it before I settled. The screen I started on isn't so bad, but is sparse compared to some.
There's nothing stopping you having a separate mining settlement elsewhere! Maybe link them up with a road?
02-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Please HELP

So what does my -450 happiness do exactly? My dude is walking around just PISSED OFF all the time and I can't seem to please him. I built him a forest and still doesn't love me. I mean it's almost Valentines Day...do I need to send him flowers or something. I bought him a house WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT FROM ME!!!!

If we could harvest human stupidity to run our electricity, and our cars, the world would see a new era of clean, renewable energy. That's an amazing resource we're wasting.

Last edited by aconfusedkender; 02-11-2015 at 01:46 PM.