★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Master your speeder and defeat your pursuers in high speed action across a world ravaged by an alien occupation.

Fly at BREAKNECK speed as you pursue your mission and get as far as you can. The world is now occupied by invadersand they are hunting you. Scramble through unfamiliar terrain, dodging obstacles and evading capture and destruction. Retrace and optimize your route to improve your distance. Test your limits and your control, and earn rewards for the risks you take.

Fly further. Rank higher. Keep going. The mission depends on you.

BREAKNECK features:

- Thrilling action gameplay as you speed through a hostile world, building distance and collecting supplies
- Daily and weekly missions to test your abilities
- Play and collect new kits to customize your speeder!
- Awesome 3D graphics and environments depicting a ravaged post invasion landscape
- Environment resets daily so there are always new paths and challenges to master
- Weekly tournaments and leaderboards so you can compete against other survivors
- Boosts and unlockable ship upgrades to help you tackle ever-evolving challenges
- Phantom ships of last and best daily runs so you can race to beat your best score
- Optional in-game recording so you can watch and share videos of awesome runs (iOS 9 only)
- All new original soundtrack by musical artist Kadington
- Metal support
- GameCenter support
- MFI controller support
- ReplayKit support
- Optimized for iOS 9
- Use 3D Touch for precise steering on Apple's latest mobile devices

We love to hear from our players!
On Twitter? Drop us a line @PikPokGames and join the conversation with #BreakneckGame

Breakneck is free to play but offers some game items for purchase with real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your devices settings.

metalcasket's comments:

Breakneck

Prodigy Design Limited T/A Sidhe Interactive
Genres: Games Action Racing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Master your speeder and defeat your pursuers in high speed action across a world ravaged by an alien occupation.

Fly at BREAKNECK speed as you pursue your mission and get as far as you can. The world is now occupied by invadersand they are hunting you. Scramble through unfamiliar terrain, dodging obstacles and evading capture and destruction. Retrace and optimize your route to improve your distance. Test your limits and your control, and earn rewards for the risks you take.

Fly further. Rank higher. Keep going. The mission depends on you.

BREAKNECK features:

Thrilling action gameplay as you speed through a hostile world, building distance and collecting supplies

Daily and weekly missions to test your abilities

Awesome 3D graphics and environments depicting a ravaged post invasion landscape

Environment resets daily so there are always new paths and challenges to master

Weekly tournaments and leaderboards so you can compete against other survivors

Boosts and unlockable ship upgrades to help you tackle ever-evolving challenges

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 182.7MB

08-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Interesting... Imma try this out later. Crossing fingers no timers.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
This game looks freakin' AMAZING on my iPhone 6.
08-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Hmm more A7 exclusive stuff. Oh well, at least it's freemium so it's not a huge loss to me.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
08-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Surprisingly, it's not just eye candy- I've been having tons of fun playing it. I actually haven't been able to put it down since downloading it. Every time I crash I tell myself "just one more try"... Well about 50 tries later and I'm still playing. Haven't needed to spend a dime either- you have the option of watching an ad to continue after crashing or spend one of the currencies which you do earn by completing challenges, or of course by spending real money on. If you don't want to watch the ad or pay to continue, you just start over. No paywalls, no timers, it seems pretty fair to me so far.
08-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Nice... Was hoping to see positive imps when i get back home, and here they are. Time to download

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Good spotting. We've been pretty quiet about this one.

Great to see some positive initial impressions. We already have an update in submission that improves a bunch of stuff, so hopefully that will hit in the next week.

Look forward to hearing more thoughts, impressions, and suggestions.
08-03-2015, 12:40 AM
Quite enjoying the game.

The only part i dont like is the full white screen transition in between levels.

Also, im not sure how much the freemiumness is going to affect the game yet, especially since it looks like the leaderboards tend to be a significant part of the game.

As for the game mechanics, its pretty solid.

This may be just coz of the ipad air, but the framerate isnt stable. I feel like it's below 30fps for the most part.

Im sure optimizations are still going to improve framerates based on devices.

08-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This may be just coz of the ipad air, but the framerate isnt stable. I feel like it's below 30fps for the most part.
I feel exactly the same on the iPad mini 2, it really becomes too hard to play, especially after zone 4.
08-03-2015, 03:29 AM
Nice find! Looking forward to trying it out tonight

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.