Underplayed games & hidden gems

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Darth Ronfar, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ok now that I have more space I can continue adding games.

Yes, any games can be conisidered underplayed or "hidden" as long as you can back it up with why(although it should be more about the game and not about arguing for it, so if u feel like its not you can say why, but its not necessary. Also different people can view different games as underplayed. The point of this thread is really about getting out a list of games that anyone can go to and find and games that deserve to be played no matter circumstances.

Anyways there's nothing wrong with arguing or discussing or doing anything I guess as long as it relates to the topic.

Speaking of which from now on I'd ask that when you do wish to add more games to the "Master list" on the first page you put it In this format

Game - brief sentence or paragraph.

Mainly, I think Bolding all the games makes them easier to identify. Also If you want to Link the game do it so you can click on the name.(for space reasons mainly)

Lastly, if you wish to be credited for your additions just let me know and I'll leave it in quote form. Also listing the same game again is fine(I'm guessing most people aren't going through the whole list) I may end up having the game listed once with the multiple comments added later.

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Greetings,

The two criteria that I tried to use in my list were first and foremost (a) that the game was not reviewed on the TA main site and (b) that the AppStore listed very few player reviews. These two criteria helped me to pare down what otherwise would have been a much longer and more debatable list.

3. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I always thought final run was a fake...
    To the App Store!!

4. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    #124 DannyTheElite, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Blast off by halfbrick

5. #125 Zdgames, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    Interesting, how did you think it was fake?
    I am one of the devs on that game, would just like to know what we can do to avoid that ;)

kind regards,
    Dennis

7. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
  8. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Jaggy Race/AeroDrift - 3D racing game. Love the graphics and physics in this game, feels really great to play.

9. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I saw it when it first came out....looked too good to be true but now there are reviews from gaming sites everyone can see its real.

10. rotor

rotor Active Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Game Procuer
    The Netherlands
    That's quite a nice compliment, Thanks!
    But considering it took 15 months to make with 2 people, it's quite real :p
    Hope you enjoy/enjoyed it! We sure had a blast making it, and we are still working on updates, but as we are only 2 guys doing this in out sparetime, it's not going as fast as a dedicated team could, sorry!

kind regards,
    Dennis

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    The Infinity Project 2 - feels like a mixture of fallout 3/halo and it has multiplayer but no one seems to play it at all,people should really play this game more

Xenome Episode 1 A third person post apocalyptic game which is a feel of WoW and fallout but it's solo so if you like 3rd person more than 1st get this instead of TFP2

That's all I have so far but I do have alot of gems on my iPod that ill be sure to post

12. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #132 Darth Ronfar, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    Thanks for the additions, seems like another thread about the same thing has popped up again lol.. Which was my reason in the first place to make this the official one.. Of course there are still a lot of great games in those threads too its just we don't need multiple threads. I ask the mods for a sticky again... To prevent this.

Turns out it was someone trying to promote their game by bumping an old thread? When mine was on the second page? I guess he missed it.. Devs can post in this thead just be sure to have the name and brief description and link it on the name for space etc..

Thanks

13. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Electric Box - It's is a solid puzzle game. Probably not well known game around here, but the levels are cleverly designed and you have to get the source of power to the target by placing bunches of items. It's free.

Super Knocked Out Boxing 2 - Great classic game. U can beat the game without IAP purchases.

Agreed with others about the following games:
    Junk Jack
    Bug Heroes
    Mad Chef

14. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks, to everyone for making this thread such a success, we now have over 200 games listed with descriptions and 50+ names(only)to go with it.

Thanks for everyone's continued support and let's keep getting those buried gems back up for others to see etc..

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for collating all the replies, i love lists like this as its great going through a lot of the games viewing them on itunes and picking up some new ones.

16. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    I agree with this game, no mention or thread of this on TA and I'm completely addicted (ya I'm aware of the reviews and rating on the Appstore). Not just for casual gamers either. I prefer full spec motorcycle on the moon level :)

17. feedtank

feedtank Well-Known Member

#137 feedtank, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    Pangolin

Note... I am the developer, but I do really think it's a game that deserves attention. If you feel differently, definitely feel free to say. It's is a physics-based arcade game that turns the classic platformer on its head. Instead of controlling the character, you control the platforms.

I say it's overlooked because no large site has reviewed us. The game currently has 48 ratings in the App Store. They are all 5 stars. We've gotten 7 smaller sites to review us. Here are snippets from all:

"Easily one of the best mobile games of the year." – SHORT AND SWEET REVIEWS
    "Quite simply astounding." – ALEX'S IOS REVIEWS
    "Sonic the Hedgehog would be jealous... extremely well crafted and addictive." – INDIE LOVE
    "Downright beautiful... production values as high as anything else on the App Store." – POCKET TACTICS
    "Very different, very entertaining." – JAYISGAMES
    "A loveable iOS anti-platformer." – INDEPENDENT GAMING
    "Simply beautiful, well polished... keeps you coming back." – THE INDIE DEVELOPER

I'm not even leaving any out. If you like our game, and would like to support it, I'd ask you to give some feedback in its announcement thread here. It needs some lovin'. Thanks.

18. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks, I put the first part on the front page.. (I couldn't put the whole thing... It was a bit too much)

19. feedtank

feedtank Well-Known Member

No worries. Thanks for the add! Love Eliss by the way. Like Pangolin, another one of the few games that actually uses multi-touch.

20. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Ha, do you really need this much room? :rolleyes: