Universal So Long, Oregon! by the devs of ... you know what. (Universal App)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 11, 2010.

1. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    I just beat it this morning 3 times. The first two(!) times, I accidentally pressed "bed" instead of "doctor", no joke. I almost punched the wall ;) FYI When you do that, the kid gets a bit more health... and then you just wait around and die of starvation.

The third time, I beat it in 4:34, which I'm pretty sure is the fastest time. OpenFeint was doing some weird things though, so hopefully my score did get submitted.

No, you're not betting on anything in the game, you're betting on the actual *menu items* winning.

If you put money in box 1, you're betting that the "Play" button is gonna win the race, if you put money in box 3, you're betting that the "OpenFeint" button is gonna win.

Just put some money in one of the boxes then wait a few seconds. The menu items will start moving to the left, and you'll see little numbers passing along the bottom. When they reach 10, whichever one gets there first wins.

2. Doomboy

Doomboy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    England
    I love the way that the noise played when you run into a bear on So Long Oregon! is the same as the roar EnviroBear makes when he's stung by a wasp :D

3. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    This or oregon trail ?

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    This, by far.

The Oregon Trail app is so boring. It's basically 4 repetitive mini games tied together with no variety. You'll play it for an hour and get bored.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I haven't even played this one yet but I can vouch that Gameloft's Oregon Trail was just a watered down collection of mini-games that PRETENDED to be based on the ancient classic.

6. Raphie123

Raphie123 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Hey!

Can someone help me please?! I just bought this game (which looks amazingly fun) and when i try to play it, after the loading screen, a blank screen appears and then nothing else..... I tried to start the game without wifi and still thé blank screen... Am I the only one? Any help would be very appreciated :)

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Woot! Update with new challenge is out!!!

8. ElectricGrandpa

ElectricGrandpa Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Developer
    Brampton, Ontario
    The new challenge is so... bizarre. Pretty fun though. I got 10 donners, woot.

9. Japillow

Japillow Active Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Does anyone know what the boxes on the title screen do? The ones that you can place gold in. I haven't been able to see any real effect...

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Update made thing all nice and sharp on my 6+ except now there's an odd vertical line of 'stuck pixels' near the center of the screen.

It changes slightly as you scroll back and forth.

11. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I get that same vertical line on my 6+ too. Happened both before and after the update.

I also had a problem where the left and/or right arrow would randomly stick. ie: it/they would remain on, and nothing I could do would turn them off again. But I think that has been fixed by removing the app, and re-adding it again.

I'm impressed it continues to work this well. I've had it on all three iPhones I've ever had (3G, 5, 6+), and it's worked well on all of them. Most other games I have of this kind of age have started to break somewhere around the iOS 8 or 9 release .. those that didn't outright break on the iPhone 6+.

Great game. Still play it. Still enjoy the ridiculousness of it all. (Anyone else bumped into the {spoiler} that actually joins your family? That was just hilarious. ..I even had it where he was the only one to make it to El Dorado!)

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Just updated! \:D/