Surreal System Unreal Engine Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Surrealness, Dec 9, 2012.

1. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Pretty cool that you guys are stepping up to the plate so to speak. Hope to play this soon.

2. I agree there def needs to be more story driven games the two I can think of are the quest and the walking dead wow so few...

3. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    Story is very important coming from a gamer. No story= Why am I playing? basically

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Cause it's fun ;)

Some types of games need a story. Some, they're optional and more a device to get you to the next set piece. Some, it's just irrelevant and tacked on. The trick is making sure your story suits your gameplay.

5. Surrealness

Surrealness Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Exactly, a story and gameplay need to be coherent, make sense but also contain interesting plot lines and ideas. Jopefully ours checks all of these boxes. I believe it does.:)

6. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    I would say that there are some good FPS with decent stories, not as good as consoles games, but I really support games like that( The infinity project 2, Ravensword 2, MC4). But yes, the lack of games like that made me sad, because I wanted to experience a good FPS with an attractive story, that I can never delete it from my device and just keep playing it. Actually, I would put as much money as console games for a game like that. Looking forward to this one, hope it can stand the stage along with Walking dead: The game :D

7. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Honestly the only few games I can recall is Dead Space, and Inifinity Blade II

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Trying to compared this game's story aspect to TWD is like comparing apples to oranges. TWD is in a whole other league, and it's a specifically story and dialogue based game. This is a shooter with a very Bioshock-y artstyle and great graphics, but that's about all we know.

9. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    What I meant is the depth of the story. Let's hope this one can make it. It's in my most wanted list right now :D

10. comicx90

Jul 26, 2012
    Yeah, I'm re-reading my comment. Kind of ignorant of myself XD. I agree with you.

11. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    New video should be up soon:) And the reason we are keeping the story on a low-note is for the fact that we don't want to give away too much. More will be revealed though as we start swinging into the end of April here.

12. KiwiGummy

KiwiGummy Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I really like what I've seen so far, cant wait to see a new video.

13. Agreed...

14. Conman123321

Conman123321 Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Does Sureal system/ surealness have a twiter/ facebook feed?
    P.S. the game looks like its coming along nicely, its always great to see a dev who stays active in the comunity something I belive you guys have achived great work!

15. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Thank you:) We want to stay as active in the community as possible! And yes it's @surreal_system

16. Conman123321

Conman123321 Member

Mar 29, 2013
    How many weapons do you suspect to be included in the final game? Any Idea for a realese date ETA?

17. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    9 weapons not including powers

18. ENP

ENP Member

Apr 15, 2013
  19. Surrealness

Jul 1, 2011
    Game Designer, Animator
    Hopefully we will have the new vid up tonight! Still working out a few kinks

20. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    This game's going to be badass when it comes out, I can feel it.