Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-20-2010, 09:39 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
More of a great gaming console that has the possibility of turning into a piece of shit in 2 seconds flat. I love my 360, but I'm worried it'll die any second now. I'd be considering the 360 slim if it got it's failure rate below 10%, but I doubt Microsoft did or that'd be a huge part of their press release. Wish I could've been at E3 in the audience
Like being in the audience would help? Unless your like the team manager who is in charge of building the things I highly doubt Microsoft would listen to you.

I'll admit that the Xbox 360 isn't as good as the original (I NEVER had these problems with the Original Xbox) but i do like their games. I just wish more games were backwards compatible with it.

Aside from that it seems that every time Microsoft releases a new Xbox they screw us over with it's crappy hardware or software. (if not both).
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
Like being in the audience would help? Unless your like the team manager who is in charge of building the things I highly doubt Microsoft would listen to you.

I'll admit that the Xbox 360 isn't as good as the original (I NEVER had these problems with the Original Xbox) but i do like their games. I just wish more games were backwards compatible with it.

Aside from that it seems that every time Microsoft releases a new Xbox they screw us over with it's crappy hardware or software. (if not both).
If I were in the audience, I would've gotten one of the new 360 slims. Everyone that attended the conference got one, and I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not to get a new 360.

But yeah, if it weren't for the fact that all my friends have an xbox, I'd be getting me a PS3 right now.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
If I were in the audience, I would've gotten one of the new 360 slims. Everyone that attended the conference got one, and I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not to get a new 360.

But yeah, if it weren't for the fact that all my friends have an xbox, I'd be getting me a PS3 right now.
I didn't know that! Lucky bastards, it's like being on Oprah!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
More of a great gaming console that has the possibility of turning into a piece of shit in 2 seconds flat. I love my 360, but I'm worried it'll die any second now.
Agreed, mine has always had problems (second hand, bad decision, started acting up a few months after I got it). I x-clamped it and it worked for about a month, and has since died and been revived again about 4 times (with various methods, mainly overheating the CPU and GPU as safely as possible without a heatgun). It seems to be behaving now... but I'll probably end up getting a slim, want to wait for the cheaper model though, don't want 250GB of storage just for games
Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM

The main reason for the RROD was a processor issue. Bad processors would become defective, and then defect other parts of the system.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

im posting pics of all my xbox live arcade games up on my profile now. im interested to see you guys's pics too!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

they are up! but heres a list of them- bomberman live, call of duty classic, castle crashers, family game night, geometry wars, hexic HD, marvel vs. capcom 2, N+, perfect dark, shadow complex, south park, splosion man, super street fighter 2 turbo HD, TMNT 1989 arcade, trials HD, turtles in time re-shelled
Old 06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncombs View Post
they are up! but heres a list of them- bomberman live, call of duty classic, castle crashers, family game night, geometry wars, hexic HD, marvel vs. capcom 2, N+, perfect dark, shadow complex, south park, splosion man, super street fighter 2 turbo HD, TMNT 1989 arcade, trials HD, turtles in time re-shelled
Link
Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncombs View Post
I have Castle Crashers as well, I've kind of grown tired of it because playing in a pub game is useless, everyone has all their characters at level 257 or whatever the max is so it's no fun, and the single player only entertained me for so long. Can't convince any of my friends to buy it, yet =P
Would you recommend Shadow Complex? Been thinking about buying it for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
Feeling a bit cranky today RttaM?

Last edited by Electric_Shaman; 06-21-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Shaman View Post
I have Castle Crashers as well, I've kind of grown tired of it because playing in a pub game is useless, everyone has all their characters at level 257 or whatever the max is so it's no fun, and the single player only entertained me for so long. Can't convince any of my friends to buy it, yet =P
Would you recommend Shadow Complex? Been thinking about buying it for a while.

Feeling a bit cranky today RttaM?
i just reasently bought it. it is great and i would highly reccomend it, its kinda like a 3D type of metroid but its stilla side scroller. but its 53% of so get it while you can!