INDIGO LAKE - First Person Psychological Horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ThreeCubes, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    As soon as they star becoming more widely available then yes game controller support will be added.

A new update has been submitted to the appstore improving the sound for the newer apple headphones. It won't effect the 17th as the release date even if its not approved.

2. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Is it dificult to add the Mfi support? I saw the dev. Video from the WWDC and it looked kinda easy.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Holy crap. Indigo Lake will be upon us in just one more week.

4. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    I hope its easy!

[​IMG]

The last update got approved so its the most upto date version that will be released with the improved sounds.

Price wise we have not fully decided but it will be either 2 or 3 dollars.

5. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Why didn't you looked into that API already?

6. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    well we have to wait until we can actually get a hand controller first. the api does look relatively straight forward but i would think the first few updates post release will focus on any issues flagged up by players. I assuming it will have support before xmas.

7. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Well the press release just went out, I guess I ran out of excuses to delay the game any longer.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 Cubes Research Limited has announced the upcoming release of Indigo Lake for iOS devices. To be released worldwide on the 17th of October 2013, Indigo Lake is a perfect mix of first person combat, driving and puzzle solving set in a large open world.

Indigo Lake invites players to explore a living environment, one rich in visual details not usually seen on a mobile platform. Trees move in the harrowing wind, rain drops strike the terrain and distant lightning bolts illuminate every surface. In addition to the stand out visuals, a beautifully smooth and responsive first person control system has been specifically developed to elegantly control the game character giving a natural feel to movement when peering into the dark dense wood.

As ghost hunting is a risky business Indigo Lake equips the player with a hand gun and smart glasses which can highlight clues, solve puzzles and even record every terrifying step for export to camera roll along with a real time picture in picture view of the player. When the action heats up the player can take to the road and will quickly learn that route planning and exploration are crucial to surviving the hellish incarnations around the lake and the spirit of the mysterious crying girl.

Features:
    * Per Pixel Lighting on all surfaces
    * Destroyable objects
    * True projectile based hand gun
    * Physics based drivable vehicle
    * True particle collision effects
    * Large free roaming environment
    * Elegantly designed first person control scheme
    * Live reaction camera
    * Inbuilt video recorder (720p recording saved to camera roll)
    * Retina support
    * Universal app
    * iPhone 5/iPod touch 5G screen support

Device Requirements:
    * Live reaction camera and recording not available on iPod 4G and iPhone 4
    * iPod 4G, iPhone 4, iPad 2 and up
    * iOS 5,6 and 7 supported

Indigo Lake will be released worldwide on the 17th of October 2013.

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Great just somethings as usual:

price? (2 or 3 as you mentioned above?) size? IAP?

:)

9. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    The guy programming the IAP and repair timers was found scared to death a few weeks ago so we had to cut all that out and it is totally IAP free.

The file size installed is around 130mb (our sounds and music is sort of midi based so is very small).

i think its going to be 2 dollars

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    In game video recorder. Nice add on. I personally can't wait for this game.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    [​IMG]

The developers have expressed fondness for and acknowledged inspiration from the fantastic Alan Wake games (and it shows, as above), and while IL is less narrative-focused – and it would obviously be unreasonable to expect a major console-style outing from it – I'm hoping enough of AW's mojo rubbed off on this game that it will be elevated above the usual mobile offerings.

Looking forward to Thursday (well, Wednesday night over here).

12. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    Well there are a few visual hints here and there relating to AW. It would be great to be able to get enough cash to really support the next project following Indigo Lake.

Pocket gamer have done a small pre-release piece already (they only got the promo code 5 hours ago so that pretty impressive turn around).

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Indigo+Lake/news.asp?c=54478

Its only a first impression but so far they say the sound design is a stand out feature.

13. ThreeCubes

Oct 13, 2012
    The final icon to look out for!

[​IMG]

Indigo Lake

14. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Awesome. Less than 24 hours to go!!!

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    watever the icon might look, just make it black , im still gonna buy it. LOL. :p

16. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    Cheers for a decent looking game, no IAP, a reasonable price, and not too hefty a file size. This looks like a purchase in hopefully, not too many hours from now.