GT Racing 2: The Real Car Experience (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sicksilvo, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yeah, Tier 2 rewards are bigger. However, there seems to be a balance issue that's been mentioned in this thread before that Tier 3 rewards are smaller than Tier 2. I'm hoping that will be addressed by the Dev team before the WW release.

2. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    There are two thing I don't like about the game:

- I experience huge frame rate issues during the first race after starting/resuming the game. It runs at like 5fps and it either smoothes out at some point or the game crashes.

- I need to time hitting the accelerator just at the right time (I use manual accelation) because if I press it as the game counts down from 3 my car won't start driving as the count down finishes.

3. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey fans of GTR2, I'll be doing a pre-World Wide launch stream on our Twitch channel this Friday at 2PM PST. If you haven't had a chance to get involved in the GTR2 soft launch and are interested in seeing what this game has to offer, definitely stop by!

The stream will run for about an hour, maybe a little over and I usually do some form of giveaway (games, in-game currency, etc.) and do my best to answer as many Gameloft questions as possible!

Here's a link to our channel: Gameloft's Twitch Channel

Head on over and hit that "Follow" button so you can see when I go live. Hope to see you there!

4. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Worldwide release?

5. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Yep, currently GTR 2 is only in a soft-launch for a couple countries. The full launch is coming soon and I'll talk more about it on the stream on Friday. :)

6. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    @Gameloft_Ryan,

Hi Ryan,i finally remembered my canadian account password and downloaded gt racing 2 yesterday. I'm very impressed,and having tons of fun.
    I don't know if this has been asked yet but are you planning adjustable controls?
    I only play on Ipad and only touch controls. If i play with steering wheel it's way too low on screen and a bit too far from the side,if i play with arrows i can not reach the brakes.
    All the best,krautboy

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey man glad you're enjoying it! I haven't gotten confirmation on if that feature will be added currently. I'd say it's a possibility though because we just added it to Asphalt 8 with the latest update.

Keep an eye on the update notes in the future to see!

8. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Anyone know what time you need to get for the second to last race in the Platinum series (the Qualification race)? I have 41 stars, but I can't seem to get first on that one and I've wasted $100 or $120 ingame cash to keep buying all the boosts. That's a lot of cash to throw towards a race I keep losing (unless I win the car then I'm sure it would be worth it overall).

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I missed the livestream thingy the other day. Was anything said about when this thing will launch?

10. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    This game? It's already available now worldwide as far as I know.

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    As far as I am aware it's Soft Launch in Canada at the moment.. No word on a worldwide release..

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I just did a 1:15:37 and got 1st, finally...

13. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    So I just need to shave off about half a second more...

14. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Is there a series of races with this new car as well?

Found them - just hadn't scrolled far enough over.

15. Lumlca

Lumlca Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    On the live stream they revealed that GT Racing 2 would be coming to ios and android this Thursday (November 14th) :)

16. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Well, I give up on getting that last star - its too impossible unless you are a perfect driver! Its getting too costly to keep playing that race over and over with all boosts maxed.

Kind of disappointing that the experience you get from the Platinum series - which is hard - is so low.

17. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Thanks! : )

18. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I hope that the world wide release has some bug fixes and changes, the game is great but it needs tweaks all over.

19. Gameloft_Ryan

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    November 14th for iOS and Android :)

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Noticed an update tonight, some nice tweaks like slowing down more hitting walls and better high tier credits, among some other small changes.

Great fixes IMO